90 State Street
Providence, RI 55555
TECHNICAL Product Manager / PROJECT MANAGER
Dedicated technical support specialist, project manager, and IT consultant
recognized as a resource for technical solutions including data management,
networking, C++ and Visual Basic programming, software/hardware selection and
installation, and systems troubleshooting, maintenance, and support. Skilled at
assessing client needs, recommending strategies that enhance efficiency and
maximize ROI, implementing cutting-edge technology solutions, and
training/supporting end users.
Software: TAO, LANtastic, Microsoft Office Suite, Visual InterDev,
Dreamweaver, WatchDog, SafeBoot, LDAP, DAP, DirX
Hardware: Dell, Gateway, IBM, Iomega, Smart Card media, Toshiba, NICs,
mainframes (OS/390, AS/400), A+ training
Systems and Networking: Windows (95/98/NT/2000/ME), UNIX, Linux, NDS,
TCP/IP, routers, switches, hubs, Cisco, MS-DOS
Languages: C++, Visual Basic, HTML, Java, X500, TCL/TC
Databases: Oracle, Access, SQL
11/1999 - Present
MARCY JONES ENTERPRISES
Direct all aspects of daily operations including business development,
bookkeeping/cash flow management, and 24x7 IT solution delivery/support for
individuals and small businesses.
- Built a successful technical consulting operation from the ground up,
providing a wide range of services to client base ranging from hardware
devices, networking, programming, system maintenance/installation, custom
computer builds, and database management.
- Earned a reputation as a trusted technology advisor offering
cost-effective solutions through innovative design and thorough knowledge of
- Developed multiple Access databases (including GUI relational databases)
for clients to facilitate better tracking, reporting, and data retrieval
- Installed operating systems on various PCs, set up WinTV on customer
computers, completed ISP setup on small networks, wrote VB and C++ code to
enable launch of home-based businesses, and maintained bug-free technical
operations for customers.
10/1999 - 6/2001
Technical Support Specialist
Provided ongoing technical support for a software development company
specializing in packaged tools for B2B organizations. Maintained functionality
of technical support testing and training lab, managed weekly technical support
meetings, and provided support for secondary product line developed by XYZ
Corporation. Earned a reputation for resolving complex technical problems.
- Rapidly resolved source code problem with smart card technology that
restored client to full business operations, won high praise, and generated
lucrative repeat/referral business.
- Salvaged relationship with key customer, persistently negotiated through
layers of red tape within U.S. and UK operations, and won hard-fought crusade
to obtain vendor support of a discontinued tool failing to operate on Web
applications. Efforts resulted in vendor agreeing to rewrite application, a
complete resolution of problem for ABC Company's client, and a personal letter
of appreciation from client's CEO.
- Unearthed hidden piece of code that was key to correcting software
compatibility problem between SafeBoot and Smart Card media. Won commendations
from client and senior management.
- Architected ABC Company's testing lab to significantly enhance
customer/product technical support.
- Developed interim solution that turned around inefficient technical
support call tracking system and provided organization with flexible,
user-friendly database that gave management its first-ever ability to query
data on virtually any issue for custom-designed reports.
11/1996 - 1/2001
COMPUTER RETAIL CO.
Senior Sales Associate
Closed sales of computer hardware and software and held accountability for
bookkeeping, store opening/closing, inventory, stocking, price changing, and
- Formally recognized for superior performance and dedicated teamwork
through rapid promotion from sales associate to senior sales associate, with
key-holding operational responsibility.
- Entrusted with store's entire inventory and daily bookkeeping
- Consistently ranked as top sales performer based on sales
- Quickly became the company go-to person to resolve technical support
- Built lasting rapport and a loyal customer base as the sales rep most
frequently requested by existing customers.
BS in Computer Information Systems (Minor in Business Management), GPA 3.1
- Honors: Bill Murrow Grant, academic achievement (1999); Dean's List (1998
- Coursework: Business Information Systems, Hardware Maintenance, Advanced
Programming, Database Management, Visual Basic Programming, E-commerce,
Business Management, Systems Analysis & Design, Visual C Programming, Cisco
Certification, Networking, Web Design
GHI BUSINESS SCHOOL
Certificate of Completion, Computer Programming and Communication Skills, GPA