My dear friend and Best Man Brad came to visit me last Monday. He lives in NYC now, but he comes back to visit his family here in the Bay Area during the holidays, and he made the trip all the way down here to Suburbia to spend the night and catch up.
After a cocktail at home, we set out to the local mall to get an iPhone case for Brad at Target, then we paid two dollars for a simulated Hurricane Chamber (ripoff…it was basically a phone booth with a fan in the ceiling), then we took some photos in a photo booth, and would up the mall visit with some fierce red heels for me at Ross, which I will be busting out for our New Year’s Day party. Simulated leather and everything….cha! I am absolutely not supposed to be spending money because I am totally busted flat broke, drained bank account….but that was my little holiday splurge. A pair of fierce red heels for $20.
After that we set off for Consuelo Mexican Bistro in Santana Row. They had a live mariachi band wandering around the restaurant, which was pretty fabulous but not necessarily the best for catching up. Food was delicious though, and so were the margaritas.
Home after that for more chatting by the fire, and a lovely breakfast the next morning, then he was off! Thanks for coming to visit me, honey!
Mariachis at Consuelo’s with Brad from Laura Hamilton on Vimeo.
1. What is your occupation??
Web designer, retailer, business owner, mother, wife
2. What color are your socks right now ??
No socks, I’m wearing flip-flops. I just got a pedicure. Yay!
3. How many kids do you have??
Two: Julian (3 years) and Adrian (7 weeks)
4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Some licorice candies.
5. Can you drive a stick shift??
Yep. My first two cars were stick.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be??
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you??
9. How old are you today?
10. Favorite drink:
Arnold Palmer: half iced tea, half lemonade. I also like grapefruit soda, watered down a little.
11. What is your favorite sport to watch?
12. Have you ever dyed your hair???
Yes. Light blonde, dark ash blonde, fiery red, highlights, lowlights.
13. Favorite food?
Stone crab claws
14. What was the last movie you watched at the cinema?
A Scanner Darkly
15. Favorite travel destination?
Around Naples and Sicily. The Aeolian Islands, Capri, etc.
16. What do you do to vent anger??
Bitch, moan, complain, clean, exercise.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Barbie or Monopoly
18. Most Missed Memory ?
Windsurfing in Florida, sailing there to all the little islands.
19. What is your favorite fall or spring?
20. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs, more physical.
21. Cherries or Blueberry??
22. Do you want your friends to email you back??
If they like.
23. Who is most likely to respond?
Erika or Mom
24. Do you like where you live?
25. When was the last time you cried??
Every day for two weeks post-partum.
26. What is on the floor of your closet??
Kimonos, some ill-fitting maternity clothing, old purses and belts
27. Who is the friend you have known the longest that you are sending this to??
Not sure who will end up reading it.
28. What did you do last night??
Made burgers and salad, took a shower, gave Adrian a bath, talked to Dan, went to bed.
29. Favorite smells??
Narcissus. Gardenia. Cookies. Dan’s neck. Adrian’s head.
30. What inspires you??
Hearing tales of what others have done. Natural beauty.
31. What are you afraid of??
Sickness, old age, death.
32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburger ?
33. Favorite dog breed??
34. Number of keys on your key ring?
One. I lost my house key ages ago.
35. How many years at your current job??
I have owned The Portable Baby since June of 2005
36. Favorite day of the week?
Friday. It’s so exciting….the whole weekend lies ahead, and it’s a night to let loose and party.
37. How many states have you lived in?
California, Florida, Connecticut and Spain.
38. Favorite book?
Jane Eyre or Pride and Prejudice
39. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery?
I rode a motorcycle for 17 years. Then I had a crash and I gave it up. Heavy machinery? I have piloted large boats before, does that count?
40. Who’s your favorite NFL team???
I hate football.
41. Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless?
42. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather??
43. What is your favorite thing to listen to?
My son Julian laughing, being told that I am loved.